Re: NDSolve. Getting the final values

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74214] Re: NDSolve. Getting the final values
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:56:06 -0500 (EST)

Chrisantha wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please could you explain how I can get the final values from the
> output of NDSolve, and use them to re-initialize NDSolve with those
> values and an altered parameter.
>
> Yours,
> Chrisantha

The option *EventLocator* might be helpful: "It is often useful to be
able to detect and precisely locate a change in a differential system.
For example, with the detection of a singularity or state change, the
appropriate action can be taken, such as restarting the integration."

See " Built-in Functions  /  Advanced Documentation  /  Differential
Equations  /  NDSolve  /  ODE Integration Methods  /  Controller methods
  /  EventLocator" at
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Built-inFunctions/AdvancedDocumentation/DifferentialEquations/NDSolve/ODEIntegrationMethods/ControllerMethods/EventLocation.html

Regards,
Jean-Marc