Initialization cell appearance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74229] Initialization cell appearance
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:56:24 -0500 (EST)

Initialization cells in a notebook are identified visually by a little line
attached to the cell bracket.   Sometimes this is not enough.  Often in
large notebooks, I find myself manually formatting the Initialization cells
to make them easier to spot (e.g. by changing their background colour to
yellow).

Is there any way to do this automatically ?   I.e., have something like the
background colour of an Input cell change when it is marked as an
Initialization cell.

I realise that one could always define a new cell style but I am not
entirely sure whether the other features of initialization cells would
continue to work.

In my opinion, it would be good to have this in some of the standard
notebook style sheets.

Thanks for any suggestions,
John Jowett