RE: Initialization cell appearance

Hi John,

> Initialization cells in a notebook are identified visually by
> a little line
> attached to the cell bracket.   Sometimes this is not enough.

Especially with some styles that do not display the brackets.

>  Often in
> large notebooks, I find myself manually formatting the
> Initialization cells to make them easier to spot (e.g. by
> changing their background colour to yellow).
> Is there any way to do this automatically ?   I.e., have
> something like the
> background colour of an Input cell change when it is marked
> as an Initialization cell.
>
> I realise that one could always define a new cell style but I
> am not entirely sure whether the other features of
> initialization cells would continue to work.

> In my opinion, it would be good to have this in some of the
> standard notebook style sheets.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,

My suggestion is to define a new style in which you define, after "Show
expression ...", the option

	InitializationCell->True

With this done, you should be free to alter bracket thicknesses, colours and
whatever else to your heart's desire.

Regards,

Dve.