Normal for Limit

Dear MathGroup,

  I refer to Andrzej Kozlowski's post [mg 33514] where
  he recommended the use of Series to find limits, and
  then used Normal with Landau symbols (big O).

  I therefore deduced (incorrectly ?) that

       Limit[f[x],x->p] === Normal[f[x]+ O[x,p]],

  except when p is a "pole".

  So, is there a work around, still using Normal, to
  obtain +/- Infinity?

  My guess is that we might have to modify the args
  of the O.  But I might be wrong.

  I'd be grateful for any help.

  Thanks a lot in advance.

  Ajit Sen.