Re: Normal for Limit
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg74283] Re: Normal for Limit
- From: "Sebastian Meznaric" <meznaric at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:53:30 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 15, 5:15 pm, Mr Ajit Sen <senr... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Dear MathGroup, > > I refer to Andrzej Kozlowski's post where > he recommended the use of Series to find limits, and > then used Normal with Landau symbols (big O). > > I therefore deduced (incorrectly ?) that > > Limit[f[x],x->p] === Normal[f[x]+ O[x,p]], > > except when p is a "pole". > > So, is there a work around, still using Normal, to > obtain +/- Infinity? > > My guess is that we might have to modify the args > of the O. But I might be wrong. > > I'd be grateful for any help. > > Thanks a lot in advance. > > Ajit Sen. > > ___________________________________________________________ > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre.http://uk.security.yahoo.com Can you post the function you're using?