Re: Animate command on ListPlot:

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74295] Re: Animate command on ListPlot:
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:08:15 -0500 (EST)

Gopinath Venkatesan wrote:
> Don Taylor replied me with an example on animating ListPlots and it was missed in the forum database. So I am posting his reply as received.
> Table[ListPlot[{{i,i^2},{1.1i,1.1i^2},{1.2i,1.2i^2},{1.3i,1.3i^2}},
>    PlotJoined->True,PlotRange->{{1,6},{1,36}}],{i,1,5}]
> When this has finished making the plots doubleclick on the first
> plot and at least on my system it animates the sequence of plots
> over and over.
> I'd love to find out where this is documented.
> (Another "user discoverable interface?")
> Don Taylor
> Thanks for the help. It worked for me. I wonder if there is a way to suppress the display of rest of the plots and show only one plot which will animate the entire set of listplots.
> Gopinath Venkatesan
> Graduate Student
> University of Oklahoma

The supplementary material for the book __Mathematica for Physics,
Second Edition_, by Bobert L. Zimmerman and Frederick I. Olness,
Addison-Wesley 2002, contains a complete example of what you want to

The archives are freely available at

Download one of the files named
depending on your system, and extract the notebook called

"This sample generates a simple Mathematica graphic in a single output