Re: compile speed

On Mar 21, 8:42 am, "Boson"  wrote:

> since i need high values of nx,ny (~5000) and the loop scales as
> nx*ny^2,

But if you really want to run this for 5000x5000 matrices, I suggest
you write the program in some performance oriented compiled language
like C/C++ or Fortran. I doubt that you can get acceptable performance
with Mathematica for this specific problem.

If you really want to use Mathematica, you can try improving the
Fold[ ] part in testnocomp3 by working backwards in the list and
calling Random[] only as many times as necessary.