Re: Integrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74499] Re: Integrate
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:07:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello Micheal!

I think you will find more than interesting the following articles:

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:cXYcB2yox5QJ:www-calfor.lip6.fr/~rr/=
Calculemus03/davenport.pdf+the+difficulties&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3

(this is very old and a little obsolete but it deserves reading)

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/jeffrey93integration.html

Regards
Dimitris

=CF/=C7 Michael Weyrauch =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5:
> Hello ,
>
>   sorry for not writing earlier in response to your comments...
>
> 1) These are really interesting examples of odd behaviour  of our beloved
>     CAS (related to Integration) you have been digging up. You even found=
 undocumented features...!

> 2) Unfortunately, we cannot know in more detail why all this happens, bec=
ause
>     we do not know how it really operates internally. And the devellopers=
 who know, obviously do not
>     want to answer???
>
> 3) For now I am glad that I have your workaround for my problem.
>
>     I would like to mention that I also sent in a service call to Wolfram=
 research
>     thanks to a Premier Service contract my company pays for. But never g=
ot an answer.

>     I perfectly understand that such a huge and difficult program as Math=
ematica has problems
>     in some odd corners. And sometimes I really got great support and hel=
p in surmounting my problems
>     by the support engineers or the devellopers, but here ....  zero  ...=
  I wonder, if anybody else had similar experience