Re: Some questions about vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74558] Re: [mg74543] Some questions about vector
  • From: bsyehuda at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:05:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
Since N is not defined, the sum is not expanded, and therefor the pattern
v[i] is not found by the derivative operator and the result is zero.
I find it justified since you cannot differentiate by v[i] while N (better
to use another variable name in this case) is not defined and then  the
result can be zero (i is smaller then zero or greater then N) or "i"
otherwise

anyway, having definite values for N and i return the desired result
yehuda