Re: comments in import files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74680] Re: comments in import files
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:29:49 -0500 (EST)

rob wrote:
> Hi, I spent some time in the Help looking for "grep". It is
> listed is several places and appears to be associated with
> FindList. But I never found a single instance of the term
> "grep" mentioned anywhere after reading thru many pages.
>
> Can you please give me some clue what it is? Thanks.
[snip]

The command grep [1] is an standard external command provided by any
UNIX or Linux distributions. However, it does not belong to Mathematica
and it is not installed by Mathematica either, that is if you use
Windows, you must install it by yourself. For instance, see Cygwin [2].

Regards,
Jean-Marc

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep

[2] http://www.cygwin.com/