Re: Loading packages from the internet?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75437] Re: Loading packages from the internet?
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 03:17:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
Heiko Damerau wrote: > Dear All, > > Maybe I have overlooked something very simple, but I am looking for > a simple way to load Mathematica packages from an URL. That means, I > would like to put my packages somewhere on a directory that is > accessible from the web (http://www.xxx.xx/xxx/xxx/package.m) and load > them with any other computer running Mathematica (with network > connection, of course), directly from the web resource. > > Does anybody has an idea how this could be done easily? > > Thank you very much for your help in advance. > > Best regards, > Heiko > > > For some reason Get doesn't like URLs, but if you have a new version of Mathematica, you could try this: ToExpression@Import["http://path/to/package.m", "Text"] Szabolcs