Re: Loading packages from the internet?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75443] Re: Loading packages from the internet?
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 03:20:27 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Heiko Damerau schrieb: > Dear All, > > Maybe I have overlooked something very simple, but I am looking for > a simple way to load Mathematica packages from an URL. That means, I > would like to put my packages somewhere on a directory that is > accessible from the web (http://www.xxx.xx/xxx/xxx/package.m) and load > them with any other computer running Mathematica (with network > connection, of course), directly from the web resource. > > Does anybody has an idea how this could be done easily? > > Thank you very much for your help in advance. > > Best regards, > Heiko > > > Hello Heiko, use Utilities`URLTools`: In:= << "Utilities`URLTools`" In:= Get[FetchURL["http://freenet-homepage.de/Peter_Berlin/Mathe/test.m", "tmp.m"]] Out= "It works!" In:= !! "tmp.m" >From In:= status = "It works!" In:= DeleteFile["tmp.m"]; hth, Pete