Cell Open is Not!

Hello everyone,

I must  have done something stupid, but the Cell Open property under
the Cell>Cell Properties menu is now unchecked by default.  Every
time I create a new input cell by typing on a new line, nothing
appears because the cell is closed.  Under Preferences>Cell Options,
the Cell Open property is set to true, so I can't figure out what's
wrong.

A fix would be most appreciated.

	Regards,

		Gregory