Re: single output cell from running cell in notebook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75522] Re: single output cell from running cell in notebook
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 04:10:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
ikantian at yahoo.com wrote: > this is a little obscure, for sure, but is there a way to restrict the > output from a single running cell in a notebook to just one output > cell, i.e with each new output cell replacing the old? thx. > > I don't understand the question. If you re-evaluate an input cell, the old output cell will be replaced with the new result. A single input cell always has a single output cell. (And some other expressions may be printed to the notebook if you use Print or trigger some messages.) Or do you want to send the output off *all* calculations to a single output cell, i.e. one notebook should have many input cells but only one output cell?