Re: Re: Sometimes <space> means multiple

I see nothing worth commenting in this strange monologue, except
perhaps to remark that the people whose names you drop so readily had
more in common than jus the language of the country they happened to
be born in. They sure acheived great things will never know whether
that language was a help or a hindrance. Who knows, they might have
achieved even more had they been born speaking a non-obsure language,
like, for example,  Grisha Perelman ;-)

Andrzej

On 5 May 2007, at 19:04, J=E1nos wrote:

> Well, well,...
>

> To Point 1:	"very closely" is personal taste.  A cup of soup with a
> piece of hair in it is very closely resembles a cup of soup without
> it,... till you find that piece of hair in it.  =46rom there on it is
> not a cup of soup at all :)
>
> To Point 2:  <alt>+<shift>+<9> - for Mac users change <alt> for
> <option> - IS available for real multiplication and that would not
> just "very closely resemble" multiplication but it would be itself.
>
> In[1]:=
> 2 \[CenterDot] 3
> Out[1]=
> 2 \[CenterDot] 3
>
> It just requires some intellectual braveness from WRI to make it
> happen.
>
> To Point 3:
> a.	I just have to scroll down a little to cite from Andrzej:
> <snip>

> </snip>
> Being "shocked" is somewhat different from "I never wrote" , although
> I have to admit that for someone itmight look like a "very close
> resemblance" :)
>
> b.  Never heard about that book.  I learned that little algebra I
> know from Andor Kert=E9sz, Jen=F6 Erd=F6s and K=E1lm=E1n =
Gy=F6ry.

> To Point 4. /where Andrzej is falling out from himself like a ballast
> from a hot air balloon :)/
>
> Apple's Mac is about as obscure to Wintel as Hungarian to English.  I
> bet that even Andrzej is using this obscure platform instead of
> attaching himself to the crowd with a wintel machine.  The US still
> would not have any "nukelar" weapons if four men - Szil=E1rd, =
Neumann,