Re: Re: unable to "evaluate notebook"

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75628] Re: [mg75595] Re: unable to "evaluate notebook"
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 05:30:57 -0400 (EDT)

Or insert just

   Item["Evaluate &Notebook", "EvaluateNotebook"],

between two of the items under Menu["E&valuation" in  That
will put Evaluate Notebook roughly where you would find it in 5.2, and
it will still keep Help as the right-most, hence easy-to-find, entry
along the menu bar.

Incidentally, I tried editing directly in Mathematica, but
that caused an error (even after I first deleted the internal cache
information that I saw at the bottom of the file).  I wonder if this was
caused by spurious characters when I copied directly from David Bailey's
e-mail message into the window in Mathematica.

David Bailey wrote:
> alexxx.magni at wrote:
>> in V.6, the Evaluation->Evaluate notebook command just disappeared!
>> It's just me that is not able to find it, or some other command
>> superseded it???
>> thanks for any reply...
>> Alessandro Magni
> I too was sorry to see that "Evaluate Notebook" had gone - I used it
> regularly. There are two obvious alternatives. You can use
> Edit/Select-All and then press shift-Return (or Enter on full-sized
> keyboards) or you can extend the menu system by editing (use NOTEPAD or
> other pure text editor - NOT WORD) the MENUSETUP.TR file. This can be
> extremely useful, but you absolutely must take a backup copy first,
> because if you get it even slightly wrong, Mathematica just refuses to
> start!
> I added the following:
>   Menu["&Kernel",{
>          Item["Evaluate &Notebook", "EvaluateNotebook"]
>           }]
> preceded by a comma and followed by the final }] of the file.
> David Bailey

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305