Re: Re: Re: Re: [Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75650] Re: [mg75641] Re: [mg75611] Re: [mg75554] Re: [mg75515] [Mathematica
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:42:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <200705060557.BAA03916@smc.vnet.net> <200705070937.FAA28226@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
From Help menu item select Internet Connectivity. The Preferences
window opens with the Internet Connectivity tab in front. By default,
this is set to automatically check for documentation updates and data
But I don't know when the checks are made: each time Mathematica starts
or by some clock. However, there's a button available on that tab,
"Update Local Indices from the Wolfram Research Server", which I presume
does the same thing manually.
Chris Chiasson wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Barthelet, Luc <lucb at ea.com> wrote:
>> I am with Murray on this. I have not used the old interface for a long time
>> now, and yes, at first I complained about not having it. The new one works
>> Plus :
>> 1) some of the tutorials are just fantastic!
>> 2) the help system is constantly updating from the online connection so it
>> gets better and better.
>> 3) the information is usually more relevant
> How is the help system constantly updated? Is that mentioned in the
> software somewhere?
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Re: Re: [Mathematica 6] What happened to the
Next by Date:
Adaptive Monte Carlo integration algorithm(s) in Mathematica6
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Re: [Mathematica 6] What happened to the
Next by thread:
Re: What happened to the