Re: Re: Re: Re: [Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75650] Re: [mg75641] Re: [mg75611] Re: [mg75554] Re: [mg75515] [Mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:42:39 -0400 (EDT)

 From Help menu item select Internet Connectivity.  The Preferences
window opens with the Internet Connectivity tab in front.  By default,
this is set to automatically check for documentation updates and data
updates.

But I don't know when the checks are made:  each time Mathematica starts
or by some clock.  However, there's a button available on that tab,
"Update Local Indices from the Wolfram Research Server", which I presume
does the same thing manually.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305