[Mathematica 6] Format->Style sheet->Report. no CELL brackets on the right ! nothing to hold to.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75689] [Mathematica 6] Format->Style sheet->Report. no CELL brackets on the right ! nothing to hold to.
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica 6, windows XP home edition:

I've used report style sheet all the time before in 5.2, and it always used
to have those cell brackets that we all love and select on the right side of
the notebook.

But now in 6.0, when I set the style sheet to report, there are NO cell
brackets any where to be seen !

How is one supposed to delete a cell or do anything without cell brackets to
hold to?

This is a screen shot of 5.2 note being opened in 6.0 showing the cell
brackets on the right for the report style:
http://12000.org/tmp/050807/old_report.PNG

This is a screen shot of 6.0 notebook which is report style, and you can see
there is nothing there on the right.
http://12000.org/tmp/050807/new_report.PNG

Is this a bug or a feature?

I also noticed a much more alarming thing: few times when I have a notebook
open, then I do  Format->Style sheet->Report to change the style to report,
then the whole notebook died and disappeared. There was no error message or
anything, the open notebook just went away in split second never to be seen
again. This does not happen every time, but it happened 3-4 times so far. It
seems random.

I have a feeling there is a problem with the report style in 6.0

thanks
Nasser