Re: Format->Magnification does not work on notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75657] Re: Format->Magnification does not work on notebook
  • From: roby.nowak at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

On 7 Mai, 11:48, Andrzej Kozlowski <a... at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
> On 6 May 2007, at 14:56, Nasser Abbasi wrote:
>

> > Is this a feature of a bug?
> > It used to be (in 5.2) when I do  Format->Magnification->150%
> > (say), then
> > the WHOLE notebook will be magnified.
>
> > Now, when I do the same NOTHING happens. The fonts remain small.
>
> > One has to first go and select all the cells to be magnified, then
> > do the
> > Format->Magnification->150%, and then only those cells are magnified.
>
> > I do not understand the logic of this. I guess/I hope,  that there
> > is an
> > option to turn this "feature" off so that magnification will affect
> > the
> > whole notebook as before, I'll go look to see if so.
>
> > But I think the old way was better. (just like the old help was
> > better)
>
> > (To the Mathematica engineers: if it AINT broke, please do NOT fix it)
>
> > Nasser
>
> I think it is a feature and an improvement.
>
> If you really need to magnify the whole notebook just for viewing
> purposes (I do this all the time) then the pop-up menu on the bottom
> page still works as it used to. If, on the other hand, you want
> magnification to affect actual formatting of the entire notebook than
> you can achieve this by using the OptionInspector. This takes a few
> steps but obviously it is not something you are likely to be doing
> very often.
>
> Andrzej Kozlowski

Sorry same problem.

cant magnify notebook.

pop up menu on the bottom can be activated and can be switched to e.g
200%, will display 200% at the bottom but notebook magnification still
unchaged.
realy bad is that the magnification seems to be fixed at 80%. more or
less unreadable

changing the magnification in the OptionInspector doesn`t work to.
(says 200% but nothig realy happens)

Robert Nowak