Re: How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75795] Re: [mg75724] How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 05:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
Sqrt[(-3)^2] 3 You have to indicate that the variable is (real and) nonnegative Simplify[Year == (Year^2)^(1/2),Year>=0] True Bob Hanlon ---- Hatto von Aquitanien <abbot at AugiaDives.hre> wrote: > If I have some expression which takes the square root of a square, it > evaluates leaving the whole square root expression unchanged. > > Year == (Year^2)^(1/2) > > just returns what I entered when evaluated. > > Year == Year > > evaluates to True. > > How do I persuade Mathematica to evaluate the first expression completely? > -- > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ek5w_wtc7-the-smoking-gun-of-911-updated > http://911research.wtc7.net > http://vehme.blogspot.com > Virtus Tutissima Cassis >