Re: How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75822] Re: How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- From: "Drago Ganic" <dganic at vodatel.net>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:30:42 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[snip] > > However, you can use the Mathematica PowerExapnd to cause > (Year^2)^(1/2) to evaluate to Year, i.e. > > In:= Year == (Year^2)^(1/2) // PowerExpand > > Out= True > > Just be aware this transformation will not be valid in general. Hi, I just want to add that the old V1 function "PowerExpand" has in V6 the Assumptions option. See the examples in http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/PowerExpand.html?q=PowerExpand It's very nice documented now. Great job WRI people. Greetings from Croatia, Drago