Re: Making sense of Directive[ ]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75833] Re: Making sense of Directive[ ]
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:36:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

if you Export[] the 3d object many systems need color and material
properties in a sequence of statements before any drawing starts,
and it is hard to collect the directives form the arbitary order in
Mathematica into the clean order that say PovRay or Maya like.

The Directive[] collect all directrives that apply to the primitives
and make the Export[] easyer.

Regards
   Jens