Re: Manupulation of equations in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75838] Re: Manupulation of equations in Mathematica
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:21:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ger,

you could e.g. use Solve, like:

eq=2+R Cc+R Bc\[Equal]Ac R

res=Solve[eq,R]

if you do not like the format of the anser, you can change it by e.g.:

res[[1,1]]/.Rule\[Rule]Equal

Another option is to change the equation manually. E.g::

t={eq[[1]],eq[[2]]}

t=t-R Bc

t=Factor[t]

t=t/(Ac-Bc)

if you do not like the format, we can change it:

Equal[t[[2]], t[[1]]]

hope this helps, Daniel