Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75869] Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 03:09:09 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/11/07 at 5:29 AM, roland.franzius at uos.de (Roland Franzius)
wrote:

>I have tried to find the package documentations. I found out that
>you may type the package name as a directory in the search line of
>the help broser e.g.

>VectorAnalysis/ref/

Instead of the above, try typing vector analysis (with the space
and in lower case) in the search box and hitting return. On my
machine the first two entries are the guide and tutorial for
this package.

It seems if you use the capitalization style used by Mathematica
for naming functions, the search focuses on built-in functions.
If instead, you use lower case and separate things with spaces,
the search seems to find the package documentation.