Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75917] Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 05:49:27 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/12/07 at 3:02 AM, raulm231 at (Raul Martinez) wrote:

>I ran into a similar problem. I wanted to know all the standard
>packages included with Math 6. After a bit of help from WRI tech
>support and some digging in the Document Center I compiled a list of
>all the Math 6 standard packages. Here they are:

<list of 20 packages snipped>

That wasn't a complete list. For example, it did not include the
ANOVA package or the BlackBodyRadiation package.

The following will generate a complete list of the packages
installed with version 6.

Last[StringSplit[#, "/"]] & /@
    ToFileName[{$InstallationDirectory, "AddOns",
      "Packages"}]] // TableForm

Note, I am using version 6 on Mac OS X. For other operating
systems you likely will need to change the second argument to StringSplit.

In addition, there are the legacy packages installed which can
be listed using:

Last[StringSplit[#, "/"]] & /@
    ToFileName[{$InstallationDirectory, "AddOns", "LegacyPackages"}],
    2] // TableForm