Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76014] Re: Package Help in Mathematica 6
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 05:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> No need to change the "/" second argument to StringSplit for Windows.
> (Doesn't Mathematica allow in paths "/" for all OS's?)

It does, but not in this case, since here StringSplit looks at strings
without knowing they happen to be pathnames. The trick is to use
$PathnameSeparator, which I think is there to make things like that work
regardless of the underlying OS.

> Of course one could merely use normal OS tools to look at what's in
> those directories: one is allowed upon occasion to step outside Mathematica!

actually that is what I did. On the other hand the Mathematica code
snipplet is a nice way to present the information in an OS independent
way, well almost independent in this case :-)

albert