Re: Guessing "exact" values

dimitris wrote:
> I think there is a package of Ted Ersek but I am not sure!
> Check www.wolfram.com and its archives.

Thanks for everyone who replied! I learned a lot today.

I did not find the package by Ted Ersek, but I found another one by Eric
Weisstein:

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5087/

The relevant file is Simplify.m
Interesting functions are ToExact and TranscendentalRecognize.

In another thread someone mentioned a website which can be used for
similar purposes:
http://pi.lacim.uqam.ca/eng/