Re: how save newly created palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76253] Re: how save newly created palette?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:22:16 -0400 (EDT)

Here is a simple palette.  The only important thing  about this is
that on creating this we assign the NotebookObject to a parameter--
really this could be any notebook, not just a palette.

(M 6) In[52]:= nb = CreatePalette[Button["Close",
NotebookClose[ButtonNotebook[]]]]

(M 6) Out[52]= (NotebookObject[FrontEndObject[LinkObject["ParentLink",
1, 1]], 1874])

Now execute NotebookSave on this NotebookObject.  The standard
"Save"dialog will come up and you can choose where to put it.

(M 6) In[53]:= NotebookSave[nb]

Now this palette is where you put it on your system.  If you want to
install it so that Mathematica knows of its existence thought the
Palettes Menu you can now use the "Palettes>Install Palette..." menu
item to let Mathematica place the palette that you just created in an
appropriate place for Mathematica to access it.

Hope that this helps,

David Reiss

http://scientificarts.com/worklife/