Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg76318] Re: Compatibility woes
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 04:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/18/07 at 6:04 AM, awnl at (Albert) wrote:

>Bill Rowe wrote:
>>On 5/16/07 at 5:27 AM, murray at (Murray Eisenberg)

>>>In 6.0, you don't seem to need to load any package to use

>>This definitely is not true for my installation of version 6.0

>what people tried to tell you is that you don't need to load
>anything to use the function when using the full long name
>containing the Context. Type the following in a new session (Kernel
>must run for the syntax highlighting to work, I think) and you will
>see it turns black and thus is known to the Kernel without loading

Yes. I am aware of this. And it is also true for version 5.2.
=46or example,

5.2 for Mac OS X (June 20, 2005)

But the way Murray wrote his message, it seemed he was
suggesting doing

In[1]:= $Version

Out[1]= 6.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC (32-bit) (April 20, 2007)

In[2]:= PackedArrayQ[Range@3]

Out[2]= PackedArrayQ({1,2,3})

should give an unevaluated result