Re: Hankel transformation // Fourier transformation for a circular function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76339] Re: Hankel transformation // Fourier transformation for a circular function
- From: CKWong <CKWong.P at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 02:23:10 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
There's nothing wrong with your code. It's just that some integrals are too complicated to have an analytic result. In Convolution[q], you are doing an integral of the product of a gaussian with 2 Bessel functions of different orders. Do you really expect a result in closed form? This is also the reason why you can't calculate the transform for DHole. The only way to proceed is to go Numerical. In which case, you might as well stick with the original form of the convolution.