Re: change $UserDocumentsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76551] Re: change $UserDocumentsDirectory
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 05:48:02 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/22/07 at 2:41 AM, murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg)
wrote:

>I prefer to set such things in the OS rather than edit any
>init.m. It's easier and less likely to get lost when updating
>from on
>Mathematica version to another.

I've never had an issue with the init.m file I have in the
directory returned by

ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "Kernel"}]

getting lost or overwritten when updating to a new Mathematica
version. The only thing I've needed to do is edit this file so
that older commands incompatible in someway with the newer
version don't get executed.