Re: Re: Re: change $UserDocumentsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg76541] Re: [mg76420] Re: [mg76391] Re: [mg76346] change $UserDocumentsDirectory
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 05:42:51 -0400 (EDT)

The aforementioned suggestions of changing $UserDocumentsDirectory in the=
won't help you, then, as it won't change the FE's sense of what
$UserDocumentsDirectory is.

However, you don't need to do that.  All you need to do is change the value=
the NotebookBrowseDirectory option (which used to be called=
 NotebookDirectory in
5.x...that symbol is now the function which determines the directory a
particular notebook was saved in).

If you have trouble figuring this out, feel free to email me privately and=
keep plugging away at this till your problem is solved.

John Fultz
jfultz at
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.