Re: Wolfram Research 2+12 degree-of-freedom gamepad?

On May 22, 1:06 am, Szabolcs <szhor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> > Mathematica 6.0 allows input via a gamepad/controller, and the 6.0 docs
> > mention the "Wolfram Research 2+12 degree-of-freedom gamepad."
>
> > Does anybody have information about that gamepad?
>
> But what is the controller interface really good for? I cannot imagine a
> _Mathematica_ application where a gamepad would provide a real advantage
> over a simple mouse.

A mouse has 2 degrees of freedom.  With a gamepad you can easily
control 4, 6, 8 degrees of freedom.  It's really quite nice.  We were
all a bit skeptical until we actually tried it.  The fact that it just
works automatically with any Manipulate output makes it even better.

-Rob