missing from 6.0 documentation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76544] missing from 6.0 documentation
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 05:44:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
What seems to be missing from the 6.0 documentation are compatibility
guides for categories of things, e.g., graphics, text, list manipulation.
Of course the home page for each function that has changed since 5.2 has
a link allowing one to highlight what's changed. But that's useful only
if you know the particular function you want to examine. And the
compatibility guides limit themselves to compatibility for individual
packages. And of course you can take a 5.2 notebook and let 6.0 scan it
for possible issues of compatibility.
Still this does not seem enough when the changes are so pervasive,
numerous, and, in many cases, profound.
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
fun with 6.0 graphics
Previous by thread:
Re: Plot, Showand ; in Version 6
Next by thread:
Re: missing from 6.0 documentation