Re: missing from 6.0 documentation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76608] Re: missing from 6.0 documentation
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:20:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I second this.
Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> What seems to be missing from the 6.0 documentation are compatibility
> guides for categories of things, e.g., graphics, text, list manipulation.
> Of course the home page for each function that has changed since 5.2 has
> a link allowing one to highlight what's changed. But that's useful only
> if you know the particular function you want to examine. And the
> compatibility guides limit themselves to compatibility for individual
> packages. And of course you can take a 5.2 notebook and let 6.0 scan it
> for possible issues of compatibility.
> Still this does not seem enough when the changes are so pervasive,
> numerous, and, in many cases, profound.
> Any comments?
Prev by Date:
Problem in ContourPlot
Next by Date:
Re: Mathematica 6.0 easier for me ... (small review)
Previous by thread:
missing from 6.0 documentation
Next by thread:
Mathematica 6.0 easier for me ... (small review)