Mathematica 6(on linux) and beagle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76615] Mathematica 6(on linux) and beagle
  • From: gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

  I use beagle to index my system on a Debian linux computer. I notice a
significant amount of cpu usage during *and after* a rendering
(especially a 3d plot rotation or manipulation). Checking the system
usage, it looks like beagled is trying to index the graphics (something
to do with inotify?) in real-time.
  As far as I know, this didn't happen with earlier versions of
Mathematica, but can't check right now.

   Can anyone confirm? Perhaps it's just a peculiarity of my beagle setup.

          Thanks,
               C.O.