New in Version 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76597] New in Version 6
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:15:09 -0400 (EDT)

Is there anyplace that we can get some nice tutorials on what is new in
6.0? I know there is something in the new Help, but that is like
drinking from a fire hose. I am not smart enough to handle all that. In
particular, it would be nice to have some elementary tutorials for
things like: plotting, differential equations, ... that make use of the
new features.

When I see a new command/feature it takes a lot of digging to see if I
even care about it. Also, when I run 6.0 it gives me suggested changes;
however, when I punch the button, I just get some incomprehensible text
typed into my nb.

Kevin