Mathematica 6.0: bug with autosave mechanism for packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76642] Mathematica 6.0: bug with autosave mechanism for packages
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 06:29:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

many of my packages did not work with Mathematica 6.0 after doing any
change in the notebook anypackage.nb and using the autosave mechanism
to generate the package file anypackage.m. The reason was that I used
the typesetting features in the notebook to write fractions in
standard-form and at the same time was too lazy to write functions
with two parentheses, for example

f@--   (*where -- is the fraction bar*)

instead of

f[--]

However the notebook saves the first expression as

f@a/b which is obviously wrong. Thus one should not use the @ operator
on fractions in standard form in Mathematica 6.0.

Regards,
Hannes Kessler