Re: .m packages "fullforms" subscripts?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76735] Re: [mg76671] .m packages "fullforms" subscripts?
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:44:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Fri, 25 May 2007 06:44:58 -0400 (EDT), Will Robertson wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to writing packages in Mathematica. The version six interface > to this is very nice! > > When I save a .m package that includes variables with literal on- > screen subscripts, they are converted to their FullForm when I re-open > the file. Is this intended? When subscripted variables are arguments > to other functions, this does not happen. > > Many thanks, > Will Yes, it is. A goal of the FE package editor is to make the package file highly readable not only in the front end, but also in Workbench or in a text editor. I don't quite understand the last sentence of your email, though, so I can't respond to that. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.