Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg76713] Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

Brian Gladman wrote:
> I am trying to visualise the exact relationship between some 3D objects by
> using Graphics3D to display them.  But as soon as I evaluate the expression,
> Mathematica 6 goes into some automated animation mode which destroys the
> relationship I am trying to set up since I need fixed objects viewed from a
> specified and fixed viewpoint.
> But I cannot find any option in Graphics3D to turn off this automatic
> animation.  How do I force Graphics£D to display only what is asked for and
> not
> an animation of it?
> Any help with this would be much appreciated as its proving to be a real
> pain.
>    Brian Gladman

Could you, please, provide an example of an expression that behaves in
the incriminated way? By default, graphics (2D or 3D) are drawn static.
For example, evaluating

Graphics3D[{Blue, Cylinder[], Red, Sphere[{0, 0, 2}], Black, Thick,
   Dashed, Line[{{-2, 0, 2}, {2, 0, 2}, {0, 0, 4}, {-2, 0, 2}}],
   Yellow, Polygon[{{-3, -3, -2}, {-3, 3, -2}, {3,
      3, -2}, {3, -3, -2}}], Green, Opacity[.3],
   Cuboid[{-2, -2, -2}, {2, 2, -1}]}]

draws several 3D objects without any animation.

Or are you talking about the new real-time feature that allows the user
to rotate or expand or shrink 3D graphics with the mouse?