Re: FindRoot and Bose-Einstein distribution

Hello,
I checked the sums for stability. Seems ok up until i=100000.
Also: I did Newton-Raphson to solve this problem, into quite a few decimals.

But, I could not do it with Mathematica's FindRoot.
The two values mm and mn result in a first(!!) order approximation to p and q given in my mail. And reverse.

It is that I do not understand why such a beast as FindRoot comes with so nasty messages. Of course I accept that finding a root has a kind of art in it.
But calculating myself a first order approximation in two simple lines of code with only Log[] in it and that FindRoot can not find the roots, still urges me to ask: what did I do wrong?
with friendly greetings,
P_ter