Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?

On Nov 2, 9:28 am, "aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com"
<aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am asking this because I want to know if I need to save my notebook
> and my package in CVS, or only my package?
>
> Aaron Hirshberg

If you are using an auto-save package, then no, you can't get back the
notebook from the .m file.  You can look into the .m file (it is just
a plain-text file, and the front end (or notebooks) are not needed to
edit it), and see that it contains less information than the notebook.