How to get the options for ListPlot in V6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82914] How to get the options for ListPlot in V6
  • From: Aranthon <a.dwarf at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 03:25:31 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been discussed here already, but I couldn't
find anything in the archives,

I'm trying to write a function that manipulates the results of a
ListPlot automatically, and to do so, I need to know the option values
for PlotRange and AxesOrigin.  Unfortunately, the results from
AbsoluteOptions aren't making a lot of sense - the value for PlotRange
is set to {{0,1},{0,1}}, and AxesOrigin is {0,0}, regardless of the
actual values.

For example:

test = ListPlot[Sin[2 \[Pi] Range[0, 1, 0.1]] + 10]

produces a plot where x ranges from 0 to 2 pi and y varies from 9 to
11.  But

AbsoluteOptions[test, PlotRange]

returns {PlotRange -> {{0., 1.}, {0., 1.}}}

If I load the Version5`Graphics` package, it works fine, so I'm
wondering what changed in V6, and what Options I should be looking at
to get the right answers.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Greg