Crash with simple plot command

Two questions:

   1) Are there keyboard shortcuts available for the command-line interface to
Mathematica? It would be tremendously nice to be able to copy input from the
line above (bash uses uparrow to go back through old commands; the front end
to Mathematica uses Ctrl-L) and things like that;

   2) While trying to answer that question by using the Google, I found the
following (apparently the source website was updated today, so it wouldn't
surprise me terribly if the author were to post something about this on this
group):

  "The record for crashing Mathematica with the smallest graphics command is
probably this: Plot[1, {x, 0, 1}, Frame->True, FrameLabel->{}]
In version 5.2, this only elicits an error message, whereas version 6 aborts
lethally."

   This is obviously a bug!

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov