Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs - 6.0 works?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83140] Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs - 6.0 works?
- From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 03:31:44 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 12, 4:15 am, Marc Heusser <marc.heus... at byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid> wrote: > I have Mathematica 5.1. After the upgrade of Mac OS X to 10.5 (Leopard) > it seems to hang forever when I start it, using 95%+ of CPU time. > > Is it not compatible? And is version 6.0 compatible? I just tried 5.1.1 and it runs on 10.5. 6.0 & 5.2 certainly run fine on 10.5. Is the problem not that it is hanging, but perhaps that is just taking a very long time to start up? I have observed that sometimes Rosetta takes a while to start up. Are you seeing the problem on an Intel machine? -Rob