Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs - 6.0 works?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83167] Re: Mac OS X 10.5 - Mathematica 5.1 hangs - 6.0 works?
- From: Marc Heusser <marc.heusser at byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid>
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:59:17 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Zurich
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <fhbnf7$qsl$1 at smc.vnet.net>, ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com> wrote: > On Nov 12, 4:15 am, Marc Heusser > <marc.heus... at byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid> wrote: > > I have Mathematica 5.1. After the upgrade of Mac OS X to 10.5 (Leopard) > > it seems to hang forever when I start it, using 95%+ of CPU time. > > > > Is it not compatible? And is version 6.0 compatible? > > I just tried 5.1.1 and it runs on 10.5. 6.0 & 5.2 certainly run fine > on 10.5. Is the problem not that it is hanging, but perhaps that is > just taking a very long time to start up? I have observed that > sometimes Rosetta takes a while to start up. Are you seeing the > problem on an Intel machine? > > -Rob Yes, it is a Mac Book Pro. I have version 5.1.0. To verify, I just started it up again - and it runs. So I will see whether I can upgrade to 5.2 or at least 5.1.1 for free. Thank you Marc -- remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail <http://www.heusser.com>