Re: memory release problem in mathematica6.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83199] Re: memory release problem in mathematica6.0
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:29:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

you think that Mathematica call the memory management functions
of the operating system every time it aqquire or release memory ?

This would probably incredible slow .. it will request memory from the
operating system and integrate it inti its own memory management

And the operating system show it't own memory management but not that
of Mathematica ..

Regards
   Jens