Multiple Constants

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83215] Multiple Constants
  • From: thehammerster at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:37:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I'm new to Mathematica and I feel like this is a stupid question but I
can't seem to define more than one constant

If I type
SetAttributes[a,b,c,Contstant]
I get
SetAttributes::argrx: SetAttributes called with 4 arguments; 2
arguments are \expected.

I have three equations and three variables I want to solve for and I
have 8 constants.

x+y+z=1
b*x+c*y+d*z=A
f*x+g*y+h*z=Q

b,c,d,A,f,g,h,Q are constants and I want a generic equations that I
can use for many different variations of these constants.

I've done the calculation by hand but fear I have made a mistake and
would like to double check my calculation, and then use the equation
to propagate my errors, as each constant has an associated standard
error of the mean. Propagation of my error will give me an error on my
model calculation, which is really important.

Thanks