Re: Default value for Dynamic InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83332] Re: Default value for Dynamic InputField
  • From: m.r at inbox.ru
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:34:01 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 15, 4:39 am, robert prince-wright
<robertprincewri... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to set default values for Dynamic input fields:  I have tried Initialization with no success.
>
> Here is the generic code:
>
>  InputField[ Dynamic[ R0] ]
>
>  The intent is to assign a default value to the symbol R0 so that gets assigned each time the notebook is opened. The code below does not work for me!
>
>  InputField[ Dynamic[ R0, Initialization:-> (R0=123)] ]
>
>  Thanks
> Robert

This is an issue with the initialization of Dynamic. As a workaround,
you can use DynamicModule's Initialization:

DynamicModule[{},
 InputField[Dynamic[R0]],
 Initialization :> (R0 = 123)]

This will correctly set the global R0 to 123 if you e.g. save the
notebook, close and then reopen it.

Maxim Rytin
m.r at inbox.ru