Basic Locator question in a Manipulate...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83261] Basic Locator question in a Manipulate...
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:31:59 -0500 (EST)

I have an example like the following:

Manipulate[Column[
  {Graphics[Locator[Dynamic[p]], PlotRange -> 2],
   Graphics[Locator[Dynamic[q]], PlotRange -> 2],
   Dynamic[p],
   Dynamic[q]}],
 {{p, {0.5, 0.5}}, Locator},
 {{q, {0.5, 0.5}}, Locator}]

I find that there actually are 3 Locators or, more precisely, 3
locator cross hairs: one which corresponds to the first locator (for
p) and appears in the top graphic, and two others that are linked and
correspond to the second parameter, q.  In the latter case one is in
the top graphic and the other in the corresponding position in the
bottom graphic.

Actually, the first (single) Locator may actually be two overlaid that
move in concert.  The color of that one is a darker Grey than the
other two...

So, is there something very basic that I am not understanding here?

Ok, yes, perhaps I should "read the manual" but this is easier for the
moment...  :-0)

Thanks,

David